Bali, Indonesia

April 7 What a day!  I thought the best part about my day was going to be when I got up in the morning at 5:40 and went for a run to see the sunrise!  It was absolutely SO beautiful and peaceful and breathtaking! I loved it!  I stopped along the way to get some amazing pictures to remember! I was so happy I did this and again so happy to have a body that can do this! Thank you Heavenly Father!
 THEN we had to be at the front by 7:30 am..Oh..I have to tell you the breakfasts are fantastic. All you can eat of any kind of food!  I have some fruit, smoked salmon, a poached egg, sushi and miso soup for breakfast every morning!  It is SO good. Then we only eat at supper again. Randy likes his 'breakfast' food for breakfast, so we are both happy with our choices!  The first night we went to a Chinese restaurant and I really didn't want to go there-but it was his choice!  Wow-I was wrong! I will never think of Chinese food the same again! It was SO good-nothing battered or deep fried. Dim sum/hot pot/soup/stir fry! All fresh and very 'healthy'  It was so good we went back the next night with a few more couples!  Anyways-we left at 7:30 for 1.5 hour bus ride to go rafting and I agreed with Randy it was one of the most beautiful places we have ever seen!  The jungle was absolutely majestic and the carving in the rock were spectacular. Waterfalls were so refreshing because it is 90% humidity and 30 degrees. I drip sweat just standing and I've NEVER done that before!  We stopped at the Kings summer palace

for lunch on our guided tour. (Pictures). After lunch we went to a famous temple set right on the ocean.  (Picture) What a memorable day!  We were so tired when we got back at 8pm we skipped supper and went straight for the gelato shop, had icecream and went to bed!  This morning I am writing about my week as it is the sabbath. We were going to try to go to church but we didn't want to take a taxi for 1.5 hours to just watch conference-which was what they were doing today since it was last week for us. It is the one 'off day' we have in the whole 3 weeks ahead! They have warned us that the next 3 days we are to bring our night bag as we are on planes travelling to different places each day!  What an exciting trip to wake up and see what we are doing today! We are definitely the youngest people here and some are having a very hard time doing what we are doing. One man (a patriarch in his stake) had a miracle happen when he fell in the water and hit his head so hard it almost cracked his helmet. People's legs were just giving out on them-my legs were a bit shaky when we finally descended to the river we were going to raft in at the bottom of the jungle. Any one else we saw on the river were young and able and here our group (of about 60 people) 1/2 the people were over 65!  I saw the guides look at eachother when the number of hands raised who were over 65!  Guides had to constantly stop and help people. One guide had to carry someone over the rocks! It was quite the adventure and I was praying the whole time for the old people on the rafts that they would be ok because you were really flying in the air in some places if you didn't hold on! I don't think they liked it! But Randy & I did. I loved it all the more because I was scared to begin with but niavely thought 'well if these old people can do it-I guess I can!'  It was my favorite day and I wasn't surprised I thought that because I am always chicken before-and then after I succeed I LOVE it! It is like my running and triathon stuff and anything I do!  Randy was happy-I did it for him!  Randy was the only one who could stay in the raft with the guide while the rest of us partaged a certain area.

Comments