Skip to main content
Guangzhou
Guangzhou (Ganzoo) (14 million people-a typical city size) Panda zoo/Circus show/.
Yesterday we got up early to run and we went on the public road for about 2 minutes until a police officer came up to us and demanded in a yelling voice to 'stop running, stop running, stop running!' (When we got back Randy wanted his picture taken by this car!) We quickly walked back onto the hotel property and had a great run running around the lush hilly hotel which took about 10 minutes to run around. I seem to like running with Randy because I get his full attention and he listens to me talk when I run which he doesn't like to do otherwise. He doesn't mean not to, its just that he doesn't get anything emotionally out of listening to me so its nice when I can talk and he appreciates me passing the time by talking so he can use his energy for running, AND I think he actually has a good time afterall listening to me and ends up talking with me than he would otherwise. We've seen a lot of zoos in the past but quite enjoyed seeing the pandas sprawled across the whole block of ice! That night we saw a circus entertainment show similar to the Stampede grandstand show-only with animals too. They wouldn't ever let animals perform like that in the western world anymore but here they still use the bears, monkeys, lions/tigers, flamingos, birds flying around the auditorium, etc. There were a lot of the same performers here (diving team/motorcycles in cage/acrobatics from Russia) as the ones in the stampede. It was absolutely fantastic and entertaining!

Comments
Post a Comment